Asylum Welcome’s Immigration Advice Service works with people who need support to access legal advice or complete applications where there is no legal aid available.
Asylum Welcome are working in partnership with Refugee Support Group, Slough Refugee Support and Settled as the Thames Valley Immigration Alliance to provide accredited immigration advice and legal services across the region. The TVIA’s OISC-accredited solicitor and team of caseworkers offer free and confidential immigration advice to refugees, asylum seekers and EU citizens in the Thames Valley area.
Who is this for?
This service is for asylum seekers, refused asylum seekers and migrants who are not sure how to access legal advice. We often see people who are unsure of their immigration status or do not know what their next steps are with their case. We see people who cannot afford to attend appointments, do not have full possession of their legal documents or cannot find a lawyer. If you need support to access legal advice then we can help you.
We can help you if you need support with travel documents, registration of children as British, naturalisation, change of conditions applications, and lost BRP applications.
What can the TVIA help with?
- Asylum claims, including fresh claims.
- Family reunion applications.
- Liaising with the Home Office (e.g. following up applications, changes of circumstances or address).
- Applying for Home Office documents (e.g. travel documents).
- Applying for asylum support (formerly NASS support).
- Settlement (indefinite leave to remain).
- Naturalisation (British citizenship applications).
- Referrals to solicitors, local authorities or schools.
- Domestic violence (DDVC).
- Pre-settlement or settlement applications for EU citizens.
- Support to Ukrainians in the UK.
Please note: these services are provided by the TVIA as a whole. Not all organisations provide every service.
If you would like to refer someone to our Immigration Advice Service then please complete the referral form below and email it to email@example.com.
Do you need help?
We are available on Mondays to Fridays, between 9.30am and 4pm. If you need advice or support then you can phone us on 01865 722082, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us on 07784 300683. You can also read about what we do and how to get help in عربى shqip tetum français پښتو کوردی اردو فارسی