Volunteering defines Asylum Welcome’s unique character and without our volunteers the charity could not function.
Last year our 150+ volunteers gave time worth almost £200,000. Our volunteers are our biggest asset!
Volunteering with Asylum Welcome gives you the opportunity to get involved in a dynamic movement that cares about social justice. It is also a great way to do something meaningful and rewarding with your time, to gain skills and experience in the charity sector, to make new friends and to make a difference to the lives of others.
Before you apply to volunteer, come to one of our information sessions in the office to find out more about volunteering with us:
15th January 10am-12am
7th February 1pm-3pm
4th March 10am-12am
To book a place please email email@example.com to let us know which session you would like to attend.
Our volunteering needs at the moment:
We are recruiting committed, dynamic and enthusiastic:
- - Volunteers to help European vulnerable migrants in Oxfordshire to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
- - Volunteers to join our fundraising team.
- - Supporters Communication volunteers.
- - Celta trained English Teachers for one-to-one lessons.
- - People to join our reception team in our welcome centre.
- - Advisers to work with our Advice and Family Service team We're We are particularly in need of the following languages:
- For any other roles listed below. Please send an application form saying which of our volunteer roles interest you and which language(s) you speak.
We prefer volunteers to commit to at least 12 months with us and to be available outside term times.
We encourage and support our past and present service users and anyone from a refugee background to volunteer.
These are our main volunteer roles. Please click on the links to find out more.
- Adult and Family Advisor
- Bike Service Coordinator
- Education Service Volunteer
- Employment Advisor Volunteer
- Europa Welcome Adviser
- Fundraiser - Trusts and Foundations
- Lunch Club Volunteer
- Venda Youth Club Volunteer
- English Language Teacher
- Welcome Centre Volunteers
- Office Administrator (volunteer team)
- Youth Service Volunteer
How to Apply
If you’d like to volunteer with us and you meet the criteria in the role description, please attend one of our information sessions then complete our volunteer application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we are not recruiting for a role that interests you, we can put you on our waiting list. Our needs change regularly.
For current volunteers
Log in to your rota here