Asylum Welcome is amazing!
- Every unaccompanied child arriving in Oxfordshire is referred to us - we help look after over 80 young people.
- We run a food bank that last year had over 1000 visits.
- We provide advice and practical help on a wide range of topics, registered at OISC Level 2 for advice on immigration and asylum.
- We teach people English so they can be more independent.
- We visited detainees in Campsfield House Immigration Removal Centre for 25 years, since its closure we support detainees elsewhere.
- We work closely with lawyers to support access to rights.
- We enable refugees to raise their voices and advocate for better asylum policies.
And much more. This is achieved by 150+ volunteers, a small team of staff and trustees, and the support of the local community.