Stop Campsfield Expansion
Stop Campsfield Expansion is a coalition opposing the expansion by democratic and legal interventions and peaceful protest.
We believe building a 566-place removal centre is unnecessary, it is a risk to the welfare of detainees and it is detrimental to the local community.
March 12 -- Breaking news: Campsfield House expansion has been withdrawn!!!
Background documents and useful links
- The application to expand Campsfield (reference 14/01778/F) and related documents, are on the Cherwell District Council website.
- Open letter to David Cameron from Oxford academics.
- Background paper from the umbrella organization Detention Forum.
- Many individuals and organizations have submitted written objections to Cherwell District Council about the planning application, these are available on the Cherwell District Council website. Some examples are:
This is a growing coalition currently supported by the following organisations:
- African & African Caribbean Kultural Heritage Initiative (ACKHI)
- The Association of Visitors to Immigration Detainees (AVID)
- Article 1
- Asylum Welcome
- Bail Observation Project
- Barbed Wire Britain
- Bristol Defend Asylum Seekers Campaign
- Close Campsfield Campaign
- Detention Action
- Detention Forum
- Headington Local Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Ice and Fire Theatre Company
- Liberal Democrat Group, Oxford City Council
- Medical Justice
- Mike Rowley, City Councillor for Barton, Sandhills and North-East Headington
- National AIDS Trust
- Open Door
- Oxford East Constituency Labour Party
- Oxfordshire Green Party
- Oxford and District Trades Union Council
- Oxford South West Central Labour Party
- Oxford West and Abingdon Constituency Labour Party
- Oxford West and Abingdon Liberal Democrats
- Oxford Quakers
- Refugee Council
- Refugee Resource
- René Cassin
- Right to Remain
- Scottish Detainee Visitors
- Slough Refugee Support (SRS)
- South Yorkshire Migration and Asylum Action Group
- Susanna Pressel, City Councillor for Jericho and Osney Ward
- The Harbour Project
- Waging Peace
- Zimbabwe Association
We expect that the planning application will be considered again on Thursday 21st May at Cherwell District Council offices, Bodicote.
Please contact your councillor and MP to raise your concerns and please contact us if you would like help to attend the meeting.