The Oxford Brookes Sanctuary Scholarship is for individuals seeking asylum and those who have a form of protection from an asylum claim, who are not able to access government student finance. The scholarship is only open to applications until 15th of June. This scholarship is for applicants with an offer or awaiting a decision for undergraduate, postgraduate or foundation year courses.
Eligibility is one of the following:
- Asylum seeker
- Unaccompanied asylum-seeking child
- Limited leave to remain (as a result of an asylum application
- Discretionary leave to remain (as a result of an asylum application)
- The family member of someone with one of the immigration statuses listed above with ‘in line’ or ‘dependent’ status.
In 2021/22 entry there will be two scholarships available which will include:
- A full fee waiver (you do not need to pay fees)
- A cash bursary of £4,000
- Financial support equivalent to £8,000 towards accommodation. Those living in halls of residence will automatically receive this support; those in private accommodation will be required to provide proof of living costs as detailed in the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- Guaranteed accommodation in University halls of residence for 52 weeks per year
- The scholarship will apply for each year of study.
Asylum Welcome Education advisers can help with applications on 10th June by emailing email@example.com.