Why do we run this service?
We want asylum seekers and refugees to feel welcome and at home as soon as they step through the door. We want to make our office a useful space for them where they can easily find out the information they need to resolve difficulties themselves, or talk to someone who can help.
Who is this for?
Asylum seekers and refugees
How to find out more
The Welcome Centre is open 9.30am - 4pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, for a wide range of services.
On Mondays and Thursdays the Welcome Centre is open for pre-booked appointments only. But you can still come in to the reception on a Monday or Thursday to make an appointment, or if you need urgent help.
See Contact us for more details.
What does the service offer?
- Friendly faces!
- Tea, coffee and breakfasts and snacks
- Comfy sofas and local newspapers
- A small selection of children’s toys and books
- Notice boards crammed full of local opportunities
- Maps to help you get around Oxford
- A variety of leaflets about other helpful organisations
- Volunteers who can answer queries, explain our services and make appointments for you
- A mail-holding service, so people with no fixed address can pick up letters addressed to them here.