Volunteering has come to define Asylum Welcome’s unique character and without our volunteers the charity could not function.
Last year our 150+ volunteers gave time worth £250000. Our volunteers are our biggest asset!
Volunteering with Asylum Welcome gives you the opportunity to get involved in a dynamic movement that cares about social justice. It is also a great way to do something meaningful and rewarding with your time, to gain skills and experience in the charity sector, to make new friends and to make a difference to the lives of others.
We are recruiting:
- -Adult and Family Advice Service volunteers
- -Office Administration (detention team) volunteer
- Education Service volunteer.
- - for other roles below - for speakers of Kurdish, Arabic, Pashtu, Tigrinya, Albanian or another refugee language. Please send an application form saying which of our volunteer roles interest you and which language(s) you speak.
We prefer volunteers to commit to at least 12 months with us and to be available outside term times.
We also encourage and support our past and present service users and anyone from a refugee background to volunteer.
These are our main volunteer roles; please click on the links to find out more.
Here is a list of our main volunteer roles; please click on the links to find out more.
- Adult and Family Advice Service Volunteer
- Campsfield Visitor
- Detainee Support Volunteer
- Education Service Volunteer
- Lunch Club Volunteer
- Venda Youth Club Volunteer
- English Language Teacher
- Welcome Centre Volunteers
- Office Administration (volunteer team)
- Office Administration (detention team)
If we are not recruiting for a role that interests you, please keep an eye on this website. Our needs change regularly.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in volunteering with us and you meet the criteria above, please complete our volunteer application form and send to volunteer@asylu