Volunteering has come to define Asylum Welcome’s unique character and without our volunteers the charity could not function.
Last year our 100+ volunteers gave over 15,000 hours. Our volunteers are our biggest asset!
Volunteering with Asylum Welcome gives you the opportunity to get involved in a dynamic movement that cares about social justice. It is also a great way to do something meaningful and rewarding with your time, to gain skills and experience in the charity sector, to make new friends and to make a difference to the lives of others.
We are recruiting:
- One Youth Club volunteer, ideally who speaks Pashtu, Tigrinya, Albanian, Kurdish or Arabic who can commit to over 12 months.
- English teachers with a CELTA or TEFL qualification.
- An Office Administration volunteer with excellent organisational skills.
We prefer volunteers to commit to at least 12 months with us and to be available outside term times.
We also encourage and support our past and present service users and anyone from a refugee background to volunteer.
These are our main volunteer roles; please click on the links to find out more.
Here is a list of our main volunteer roles; please click on the links to find out more.
- Adult and Family Advice Service Volunteer
- Campsfield Visitor
- Detainee Support Volunteer
- Lunch Club Volunteer
- Venda Youth Club Volunteer
- English Language teacher
- Welcome Centre Volunteers
- Office Administration Volunteer
If we are not recruiting for a role that interests you, please keep an eye on this website. Our needs change regularly.
How to Apply