Volunteering defines Asylum Welcome’s unique character and without our volunteers the charity could not function.
Last year our 150+ volunteers gave time worth almost £200,000. Our volunteers are our biggest asset!
Volunteering with Asylum Welcome gives you the opportunity to get involved in a dynamic movement that cares about social justice. It is also a great way to do something meaningful and rewarding with your time, to gain skills and experience in the charity sector, to make new friends and to make a difference to the lives of others.
Before you apply to volunteer, come to one of our information sessions in the office to find out more about volunteering with us.
- Tuesday 20 November 5:30-7:30pm (session full -waiting list only)
- Friday 14 December 10am-12noon
To book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which session you would like to attend.
We are recruiting committed, dynamic and enthusiastic:
- Welcome Desk Volunteers to provide a friendly and open reception, and make relevant appointments for clients to access services.
- Advisers to work with our Advice and Family Service team We're particularly in need of the following languages:
- People to help us translate legal and technical documents, which may contain complex English.
- For any other roles listed below. Please send an application form saying which of our volunteer roles interest you and which language(s) you speak.
We prefer volunteers to commit to at least 12 months with us and to be available outside term times.
We encourage and support our past and present service users and anyone from a refugee background to volunteer.
These are our main volunteer roles. Please click on the links to find out more.
- Adult and Family Advisor
- Campsfield Visitor
- Detainee Support Volunteer
- Education Service Volunteer
- Employment Advisor Volunteer
- Lunch Club Team Leader
- Lunch Club Volunteer
- Venda Youth Club Volunteer
- English Language Teacher
- Welcome Centre Volunteers
- Office Administrator (volunteer team)
- Office Administrator (detention team)
- Youth Service Volunteer
How to Apply
If you’d like to volunteer with us and you meet the criteria in the role description, please attend one of our information sessions then complete our volunteer application form and send to email@example.com
If we are not recruiting for a role that interests you, we can put you on our waiting list. Our needs change regularly.
For current volunteers
Log in to your rota here