Asylum Welcomes strives to improve conditions for asylum seekers, refugees and immigration detainees in Oxford and throughout the UK.
We do this in two ways:
- Raising awareness among the general public of the challenges that refugees, asylum seekers and immigration detainees face in the UK.
- Contributing to changes in law and policy, on a local or national level, that will improve the situation for refugees, asylum seekers and immigration detainees in the UK.
You can get involved in this work in the following ways:
- Organise an awareness raising event
- Request an Asylum Welcome speaker
- Support a local or national campaign
- Download a free education resource
- Work with the media
Contact us to find out more about our Campaigns and Advocacy Programme.
“Where there is injustice we must fight it” Amy, Advocacy Programme Volunteer